Trex Protect Joist Protection Roll
Why Trex Protect?
- Protects the top of the joist, rim joist, and ledger board from developing rot and timber decay
- Butyl-based tape helps deck screws hold longer and stronger than acrylic or asphalt-based tape
- Acts as a barrier between timber and galvanized metal such as joist hangers
- Seals deck fasteners and prevents moisture penetration
- Eliminates splitting from freeze and thaw
- Available in two widths 50 mm x 20 m for joists and 100 mm x 20 m for bearers
- Provides a non-skid surface making it safer during installation
- Backed by a 20-year warranty
Trex Protect Joist Tape is easy to install in 3 simple steps.
- Clean the joist surface making sure it is dry and free of debris
- Remove the butyl tape backing while applying directly to the surface. Run your hand over the tape and firmly press it onto the joists and bearers.
- After covering all horizontal and vertical surfaces, cut the tape to length with a utility knife or scissors.
Q1. What size is the Trex Protect Joist Tape?
There is a multiple size options for you to select from on our website.
- 50mm wide x 20m roll
- 100mm wide x 20m roll
Q2. How do I install Trex Protect Joist Tape?
Please review the Australian Trex Protect Installation Guide on the following link